The Sharon Art Studio has a wide variety of volunteer opportunities.
Whether you want to volunteer once a year or once a week, whether you are interested in providing support in events, in the classroom, or in office administration, we have an opportunity for you!
Opportunities include (but are not limited to):
- Events (street fairs, studio events, student sales, fundraisers)
- Administrative (data entry, mailings, IT consulting, web development, database support, writing and editing)
- Fundraising (grant writing, events, campaigns)
- Youth and Teen craft instructors
- Internships (for college and post-college students seeking experience in arts education and/or administration)
- Social Media/Branding (PR/marketing, social media post management)
- Committee work (Board of Directors)
- Other (add your own ideas!)
Please note, before beginning your volunteer work you may be required to complete a free volunteer application with the San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department (SFRPD). This includes a background check and fingerprinting, and is mandatory for all volunteers in order for you to be covered by city liability insurance.
Step 1: Fill out a Volunteer Application available online at sfrecpark.org or pick one up at our office.
Step 2: Schedule a finger printing appointment online or by calling the volunteer office at 415-831-6330
Step 3: Practice Patience. After completing your fingerprint appointment, wait to receive clearance prior to beginning your volunteer assignment. You cannot volunteer at any facility/rec program unless you have been cleared by the Department of Justice.
Step 4: Once you have been cleared, contact your supervisor to find out what your schedule and responsibilities will be.
Step 5: Have fun and remember to sign-in and out at your site/program every day you show up for work; and ensure that your supervisor is turning in your volunteer hours to the volunteer office on a regular basis.
To specifically volunteer at the Sharon Art Studio, in addition to filling out an application through SFRPD, please fill out this form so that the studio may learn where your interests are in assisting the studio: